Photos: New Delhi IG International Airport Terminal 3 launched
A whopping 3 billion dollar worth Terminal 3 of New Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport was unveiled by the officials on Saturday. The new terminal has been hailed as a benchmark for India’s airport matching the rapid economic growth of the country, it is also in preparation for the Commonwealth Games, which the city hosts later this year.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh dedicated the ultramodern, glittering new multibillion-dollar airport terminal in the presence of many high ranking officials.
Terminal 3 or T3 was built in just 37 months and will open for international passengers on July 14. Domestic passengers will shift to the new terminal on July 30.
The new structure is spread over more than 120 acres (50 hectares) and with more than 160 check-in windows it can handle 34 million passengers a year, according to Delhi International Airport (P) LTD, the consortium that built and operates the airport terminal.
The new terminal is the sixth largest in the world after those at Dubai, Beijing, Singapore, Bangkok and Mexico City, the promoters said.
Official website of New Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport – www.newdelhiairport.in
- India hails $3 billion showpiece airport terminal – CNN.com
- Delhi’s new airport terminal inaugurated by PM – Sify.com
- India unveils $3 billion new airport terminal - Google hosted AP
- Capital’s pride: T3 unveiling today – IndianExpress.com
- Official website of New Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport – www.newdelhiairport.in
- Show time at IGI Airport’s Terminal – HindustanTimes.com
- PM inaugurates IGI’s swanky Terminal 3 - Times of India